|09/2013 – current||Assistant professor at Delft University|
|09/2012 – 09/2013||Lawrence E. Golub postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University|
|07/2011 – 09/2012||Postdoctoral researcher at Leiden University|
|07/2007 – 06/2011||Research assistant at Dutch Science Foundation|
|06/2011||Ph.D. cum laude (awarded to approximately top 5% of doctoral students), Leiden University|
|07/2007||M.Sc. cum laude Theoretical Physics, Leiden University|
|07/2005||B.Sc. cum laude in Applied Physics and Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology|
Fellowships and awards
|05/2015||Outstanding referee for the New Journal of Physics|
|12/2014||ERC Starting Grant|
|01/2014||Outstanding referee of the American Physical Society journals|
|01/2013||Doctoral thesis prize of the Dutch physics foundation FOM|
|09/2012||Golub fellowship at Harvard university|
|01/2012||C.J. Kok thesis prize|
|01/2012||Leiden university Ontdekker van het jaar (discoverer of the year) award|
|07/2007||Lorentz Fellowship at Leiden university|
Invited talks and workshop participation
- Spin, Coherence, and Topology Symposium, London, 2016: invited participant.
- Lorentz Center workshop "Topological matter at hbar-zero", Leiden, 2016: invited participant.
- APS March meeting tutorial "Introduction to Computational Quantum Nanoelectronics", 2016: organizer.
- Topological Phases in Condensed Matter and Cold Atomic Systems Conference, Hong-Kong, 2015: invited participant.
- Spintronics: From Mathematics to Devices, Sendai, 2015: invited participant.
- SPICE Young Research Leaders Group Workshop, Mainz, 2015: invited participant.
- Kwant workshop, Grenoble, 2015: organizer.
- NanoFront winter retreat, Courchevel, 2015: organizer.
- "Topological Mechanics: from Metamaterials to Robots", Lorentz Center, Leiden, 2014: organizer.
- Workshop Topological Phases of Quantum Matter, Vienna, 2014: invited participant.
- Irish Quantum Foundations 2014, Dublin: invited participant.
- Simons Symposium on Quantum Physics Beyond Simple Systems, Rio Grande, 2014: invited participant.
- QM2 Colloquium, Cologne, 2013: speaker.
- Amsterdam Summer workshop on Low-D Quantum Condensed Matter, Amsterdam, 2013: invited participant.
- Workshop "Majoranas in Solid State", Beijing, 2013: invited participant.
- March meeting of the German Physics Society, Regensburg, 2013: invited speaker.
- Workshop "Topological Phenomena in Quantum Dynamics and Disordered Systems", BIRS Banff, 2013: invited participant.
- Workshop "Majorana fermions and topological quantum computation", ICTP Trieste, 2012: invited participant.
- Workshop "Majorana fermions in condensed matter", Lorentz Center, Leiden, 2012: organizer.
- March meeting of American Physics Society, Boston, 2012: invited speaker.
- Workshop "Topological insulators and superconductors" of Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, 2011: invited participant.
- Workshop "Hybrid superconductivity: from conventional to exotic", Grenoble, 2011. Invited talk: "Detecting and using Majorana fermions in superconductors".
- Chez Pierre seminar at MIT, 2010: "Fermion parity-protected quantum computation with Majorana fermions".
- Workshop "Progress in graphene and spintronics" of Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics China in Beijing, 2010: key participant.
- Annual meeting of Dutch Science Foundation at Veldhoven, 2009. Invited talk:"Topological insulators for quantum computation".