|01/2018 – current||Associate professor at Delft University of Technology|
|09/2013 – 12/2017||Assistant professor at Delft University of Technology|
|09/2012 – 08/2013||Lawrence E. Golub postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University|
|07/2011 – 08/2012||Postdoctoral researcher at Leiden University|
|07/2007 – 06/2011||Research assistant at Dutch Science Foundation|
|06/2011||Ph.D. cum laude (awarded to approximately top 5% of doctoral students), Leiden University|
|06/2007||M.Sc. cum laude Theoretical Physics, Leiden University|
|07/2005||B.Sc. cum laude in Applied Physics and Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology|
Fellowships and awards
|12/2017||TU Delft educational fellowship|
|05/2015||Outstanding referee for the New Journal of Physics|
|12/2014||ERC Starting Grant|
|01/2014||Outstanding referee of the American Physical Society journals|
|01/2013||Doctoral thesis prize of the Dutch physics foundation FOM|
|09/2012||Golub fellowship at Harvard university|
|01/2012||C.J. Kok thesis prize|
|01/2012||Leiden university Ontdekker van het jaar (discoverer of the year) award|
|07/2007||Lorentz Fellowship at Leiden university|
Invited talks and workshop participation
- Conference "Croucher conference on topological phases and quantum computation", Hong-Kong, 2017: invited participant.
- Conference "Nanophysics, from fundamental to applications reloaded", Qui Nhon, 2017: invited participant.
- Conference "New trends in topological insulators 2017", Ascona, 2017: invited participant.
- Workshop "Topological matter meets quantum information", Shanghai, 2017: invited participant.
- NSF CMP PI workshop "The quantum revolution", Washington, 2017: invited participant.
- MIT Chez Pierre seminar "Tailoring new critical points on fractals", Boston, 2016: speaker.
- Theoretical physics colloquium "Controlling single spin with superconducting phase differences", Konstanz, 2016: speaker.
- Symposium "Spin, Coherence, and Topology", London, 2016: invited participant.
- Kwant workshop, Grenoble, 2016: organizer.
- Lorentz Center workshop "Topological matter at hbar-zero", Leiden, 2016: organizer.
- APS March meeting tutorial "Introduction to Computational Quantum Nanoelectronics", Baltimore, 2016: organizer.
- Conference "Topological Phases in Condensed Matter and Cold Atomic Systems", Hong Kong, 2015: invited participant.
- Workshop "Spintronics: From Mathematics to Devices", Sendai, 2015: invited participant.
- SPICE Young Research Leaders Group workshop, Mainz, 2015: invited participant.
- NanoFront winter retreat, Courchevel, 2015: organizer.
- Lorentz Center workshop "Topological Mechanics: from Metamaterials to Robots", Leiden, 2014: organizer.
- Workshop "Topological Phases of Quantum Matter", Vienna, 2014: invited participant.
- Conference "Irish Quantum Foundations 2014", Dublin, 2014: invited participant.
- Simons Symposium "Quantum Physics Beyond Simple Systems", Rio Grande, 2014: invited participant.
- QM2 Colloquium, Cologne, 2013: speaker.
- Amsterdam Summer workshop "Low-D Quantum Condensed Matter", Amsterdam, 2013: invited participant.
- Workshop "Majoranas in Solid State", Beijing, 2013: invited participant.
- March meeting of the German Physics Society, Regensburg, 2013: invited participant.
- BIRS Workshop "Topological Phenomena in Quantum Dynamics and Disordered Systems", Banff, 2013: invited participant.
- ICTP workshop "Majorana fermions and topological quantum computation", Trieste, 2012: invited participant.
- Lorentz Center Workshop "Majorana fermions in condensed matter", Leiden, 2012: organizer.
- March meeting of American Physics Society, Boston, 2012: invited participant.
- Kavli Institute for Theoretical physics workshop "Topological insulators and superconductors", Santa-Barbara, 2011: invited participant.
- Workshop "Hybrid superconductivity: from conventional to exotic", Grenoble, 2011: invited participant.
- MIT Chez Pierre seminar "Fermion parity-protected quantum computation with Majorana fermions", Boston, 2010: speaker.
- Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics China workshop "Progress in graphene and spintronics", Beijing, 2010: invited participant.
- Annual meeting of Dutch Physics Foundation "Topological insulators for quantum computation", Veldhoven, 2010: invited participant.